What makes me happy!

Monday, May 26, 2014

He Knows ME!

Hello!

So I had a major reality check this week on what it means to experience that painful work side of missionary work. So far, not going to lie, it has been basically rainbows and butterflies out here on my mission. The sun is always shining, people are usually pretty nice and willing to learn more, and people practically ask us if they can be baptized. I'd always heard of missionaries experiencing really challenging times and having discouraging days on their missions, but I never really knew what they were talking about...until now. It is continuing to get hotter here, my new companion and I are still working on teaching in unity (so sometimes lessons don't go quite as smoothly as they could) and.. I the highlight of the week.. I threw up all of Saturday night. yay me. I have had to learn very quickly what it means to push through and keep a positive attitude even when you don't really feel like it. Not going to lie, I was pretty much having a little pity party all day yesterday at church.

 However, our new investigator Randy came to church and we were able to have a lesson with him on the Plan of Salvation right before sacrament. He is SO STINKING EXCITED about this gospel and all of these truths that he never knew before. He has had one of the toughest lives I've ever heard of, but he shows incredible faith and always has a cheerful attitude. He says he prays for a couple hours a night sometimes and can really feel Heavenly Father's love for him in his life, especially since both of his parents died a couple years ago. What an incredible example he has been to me this week. I'm pretty sure most of the people we teach are teaching teach us more then we teach them. 

Going along with that, I was able to listen to part of the talk given by Jeffrey R Holland talking about how missionary work is not going to be easy. He talks about how some of his missionaries got discouraged when things would've happen when they wanted them to happen, and how they wanted to only have to worry about having pneumonia from being in the baptismal font all day. He then goes on to say, missionary work is not easy, and never will be easy, because the sacrifice our Savior made for us was in no way easy for Him. He even called out to His father "Remove this cup from me." Needless to say, my pity party stopped after that. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of my Savior Jesus Christ, and I am so grateful that He endured to end, fulfilling His atoning mission. 

This gospel is truly life changing and I have no greater desire then to share the happiness it brings to me with my fellow brothers and sisters. 

Alma 36:24*1 Nephi 15:36

Have an amazing week and look for opportunities to share this gospel with others!

Love you all,

Sistah Kraus

Oh and the pictures are of my planner.


No comments:

Post a Comment