What makes me happy!

Monday, May 12, 2014

#ItwasMOM

Happy Mothers Day yesterday!!!

I for one would just like to take a moment to talk about how amazing my momma is. She has ran 6 marathons, raised 6 kids (well mostly raised.. some of them still have some growing up to do.. namely me..), she is a full time cook, taxi driver, cleaner, secretary, troubled teen counselor, musician, personal trainer, you name it.. she's done it. There is not a single person in this world I look up to more.. Hope you all had the chance to tell your mom how amazing she is! Also, if you didn't get the chance, watch the church's video called It was mom on youtube. It is AWESOME. Pretty much moms are just the best and I can't wait to be one! (but in due time of course). 

This week was a blur (just like all the others) but I'll try to touch on the highlights! We are teaching like cuhrazy! There are so many people here that have been prepared their whole life, and the time is now for them to accept the gospel! A couple days this week we taught 6-8 lessons each day and it was the best! I really am starting to feel Heavenly Father's love for each and everyone of His children. Homeless people, drug addicts etc.. He loves us all!! And knows us all perfectly. Someone the other day said during his lesson that Heavenly Father even loves Satan (which totally blew my mind.. ) and that if He can love Him, how much more does He care for each and every one of us. His love is unconditional.. and that is why He has given us this gospel. He wants the best for us. He wants us to be happier then we could even imagine... and that happiness and joy is possible BUT, only when we are living in accordance to the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ and obeying with exactness. Anyways, I'll stop ranting now, but I just have really come to realize that more and more on my mission.

SO Ceairra got baptized on Saturday!! She was quite literally glowing when she got out of the font! Ahh I stinkin love that girl. She is going to be a great leader in the church!! We got to go to the temple grounds afterwards with her and some other new converts and it was a super special experience. I have a strong testimony of the temple and the wonderful spirit that is felt there can not be felt in any other place in the world! Go to the temple this week if you can! It will bless your life sooo much!

So Christian has been having a few set backs, but he still wants to be baptized just not quite this week. He is awesome though and knows that it's true! Stephen is a great example to him and they have really been helping each other out through the whole process. They are such cool guys :)

Soo some other big news.. Sister Crane is being transferred....AND.. I'm training a new missionary! I am quite literally shaking in my shoes over here just thinking about it.. but I know the Lord qualifies those whom He calls so I will just have to buck up and do the best I can! Heavenly Father is already helping me feel more confident and comfortable with the idea...I'll let you know how it goes next week! I really am going to miss Sister Crane though! We'll be besties after the mish for sure.

Sunday was a very special day! First off we had 3 of the sweetest girls on the planet come to church with us! Ma-Elena, Daniela, and Anna. They all loved it! Daniela we have been teaching for a while, but she has just been building up the courage to tell her dad she wants to be baptized. Turns out she found out her dad was baptized a member of the church when he was younger and just never told her! Super cray cray drama going on at that household.. but she is such a solid girl and wants to do what Heavenly Father wants her to do, which she now knows is to be baptized into this church. I"ll let ya know what all goes down next week! 

So life is great over here in paradise! The weather is still beautiful for now, though it should start to get in the upper 90's here in a week or two. Bring. It. On. Have an awesome week and look for missionary opportunities! They're all around us :)

Ohh and favorite scripture of the week. 2 Nephi 33:10

Sister Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment