What makes me happy!

Monday, March 30, 2015

Keith's baptism!‏


HEy hey hEy!

This week was awesome!
Here are some of the highlights:
Tuesday: I went on an exchange with one of our Spanish sisters and attempted to learn Spanish in a day. I got down some key phrases to use in street contacts, (though I had to keep my eyes pretty glued to my cheat sheet..) but by the end of the day, I was able to understand quite a bit of what was being said! The gift of tongues is real!! We found 2 families of 4 to teach and it was incredible to see how even though I didn't really understand everything, the spirit still felt the same and testified of the truth in such a powerful way! 
Wednesday: Had some powerful lessons, especially one with an older man whose wife is a member. We started going through the Articles of Faith to see if he had an concerns about those. We only had time to talk about the first three, but he is really starting to understand how the atonement works, and why baptism is so important. He even said tha he knew he would be baptized in our church eventually, he just wants to be completely sure that he knows it's all true. But he comes to church every week and loves it! After the lessons, his wife turned to us and said she wanted to badly for them to be able to be sealed in the temple for time and all eternity some day. We were able to testify that that day would come! The spirit was so strong!
We also go to talk to three girls in the ward (for Young Womens) who are wanting to go on missions about how to prepare now and what kinds of things to expect on a mission. It was super cool and they all left so excited to serve! Thank goodness, because Sisters are much better then Elders.. we need all we can get! haha. JK. but not really....;)
Thursday: We had interviews with President Snow and his lovely wife. Man I love them so much! And after talking to them, I want to be so much better. We also had dinner with the coolest family ever: The Montandons! 
Friday: Got to go to the temple with Sister Herman and her recent convert who was going through for the first time! It was one of the coolest experiences I've had at the temple and I was able to receive so many answers to questions I've been having. It was amazing! The Spirit in the temple is unlike anything else. I can't wait to get to go more then once every 3 month!
Saturday: Keith got baptized!!!! Wooohooo!! He is seriously going to be a bishop some day. He was so excited and was practically glowing. He has progressed so much and said he looking forward to continually progressing and serving in the church. 
We also got to listen to the Women's broadcast! Wowww it was amazing. Our leaders are so inspired and I know the messages shared were exactly what God wanted the women of the church to know. I particularly loved President Eyring's talk about how we must have love and compassion for all of our brothers and sisters all over the world. This is what it means to fulfill our baptismal covenants :)
Sister Herman and I got the opportunity to bear our testimonies on sunday when our mission president and his wife spoke. It was so neat and they brought an incredible spirit :) I love them!

Welp, i'm out of time. Have an amazing week!

sister Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment