What makes me happy!

Monday, April 28, 2014

Stephen's Baptism

Hello! 

Sorry, this email may be a little short.. I'm emailing at our bishop's house and his wife offered to do an aroma therapy touch thing on us to help us get better and relax... so yeah, that might need to take priority.. sorry! ;) Also, I'm getting my hair cut in a bit so that should be fun.. we'll see how daring I am. 

So this week was literally a blur! So many things happened.. just like every week. I'm starting to get used to it though :)

First things first, Stephen got baptized last night!! It was amazingggggg. He is such a cool guy and we are so honored to have been able to teach him. His testimony is incredible and he is so excited to go out and start sharing the gospel with others! He actually came out with us on Tuesday afternoon contacting for an hour and half and loved it. We ran into 6 high school aged boys who were... doing something a little sketch with a certain plant.... and he called them out on the spot. He then proceeded to bear his testimony about the importance of coming unto Christ  and told them all that they need to listen to the Sister missionaries because they will change their lives. We just stood there beaming at our little (big) Stephen and nodded our heads enthusiastically. He talked about how much his life had changed in just the few short weeks of meeting with us and said that he had never felt more peace or been happier then he was right now. I don't know if the boys actually will do anything about it, but there is no way that they will forget how they felt or what they heard that day. It was awesome!

Anyways, so Stephen's baptism was super neat and the spirit was so strong! He had asked sister Crane and I to sing at it a couple weeks ago and we both were pretty sick and had no voices so we refused immediately. However, the other musical number fell through, so we decided last minute to do our little rendition of "Nearer My God to Thee" (beat box style- the beat box) and I strummed my fiddle like a ukulele. It was super short notice, and we were both quite nervous, but Stephen practically begged us to do it.. so we gave in. It went surprisingly well and our little Stephen even teared up. It was pretty cool. 
Stephen's friend Christian (who we have been teaching for a couple weeks) came to the baptism as well and afterwards said he also wanted to join the church! He is an incredible young man as well and actually read 200 pages of the Book of Mormon in just a couple weeks! He said when he starts reading, he doesn't want to eat, sleep, or think about girls (which is a big deal for him because he's quite the ladies man). Anyways, he told us "yeah I had a moment with that book, I tell ya what!' Another proud parent moment right there, just saying. 

And last thing real quick.. we've been teaching some awesome girls lately!! Ceairra, Daniella, and Kyra. They all want to be baptized and know the church is true, but all of their families are completely against it (Well Kyra's is in the Philippines so they don't really know much..). But regardless, each of these amazing ladies have prayed and decided that it is true and they are going to move forward with what they know and with what God wants them to do, even if their family completely rejects them. It got me thinking about what it means to really do what we know is right and to not be ashamed. In 1 Nephi 8:24-25, it talks about the group of people that clung to the iron rod but once they partook of the fruit (or the love of God) they were ashamed. There is also a scripture in Romans 1:16 that talks about not being ashamed of the gospel and of doing what we know is right. That is something we all may have struggled with at sometime in our life as members of the church...and I decided that I never want to be that person who is ashamed or embarrassed because of what I do and what I believe. (Currently I'm working on not being embarrassed when I have to get out of the car and back Sister Crane up...hah). But yeah, I'm out of time, but I just want you to know that I love this gospel and I love being a missionary and I will never be ashamed of it. 

Loads of other amazing things happened... but I'll have to save that until next time. time to go get my massage on...;) I love you all! Have an incredible week :)

Sister Kraus


No comments:

Post a Comment