What makes me happy!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Because of Him

Hello!

Happy Easter yesterday!! :) Before I forget, if you haven't already seen it, go to youtube and type in "Because of Him" and watch it like 3 times. It's truly amazing and WILL make you cry.. at least if you're a baby like me. The church did such an incredible job and it has already reached almost 2 million people in 1 week! Sunday was AWESOME. I had the opportunity to play in another ward's sacrament meeting again and it was so fun to see the little kids get up and sing! Literally brought me to tears.. and really made me want to be a mom.. but I shall wait :) I also started thinking about the words to the song "Savior, Redeemer" before it was my turn to play (I accompanied a lady who sang it) and the feeling of gratitude and complete amazement for my Savior totally overwhelmed me and I was once again crying right before I started playing...which makes it really hard to sound good in case you were wondering. Yeah I was a little embarrassed... but I got it together and it ended up going ok :)

So this week was once again full of amazing experiences. I feel like I say that every week, but it really is true! Monday night we met a girl named Kyra who is from the Philippines. She is living here by herself and went to church last week by herself because she was looking for something better in her life. We taught her about the restoration of the church and Joseph Smith and invited her to be baptized and she said yes! She still needs to read more of the Book of Mormon and to pray to know it is true, but she said she felt the spirit really strong when we taught her and that she already knew everything we said was true. What incredible faith, and to have that desire to act on that little bit of faith so quickly.. she is awesome! She came to church yesterday and another meeting called Why I believe and loved it all! She makes me so happy :)

We also met another awesome girl named Ceiarra on Tuesday! She went to girls camp with some LDS girls when she was little and used to go to church quite a bit but stopped for some reason. She is now taking a Book of Mormon class at UNLV and loves it so decided she should probably talk with some missionaries or something. Ummm.. Miracle! She also came to church this week and loved it..especially the cute boys... I see some matchmaking in the future ;) She is awesome!

We've still been working with Stephen and he was supposed to be baptized yesterday but decided to have one last hurrah on Saturday before his baptism and now has to wait until next Sunday :/ He was so crushed..but took it like a champ, came to church and even commented in Sunday School about how he had made a little mistake and was seeing the consequences because of that choice. He has such incredible faith and didn't let Satan work on him too much even though he was pretty bummed he could no longer be baptized on Easter. He was able to invite a lot of people to his baptism at church though and even asked a girl who did a musical number to sing at it! I feel like a proud parent watching my kids grow up and what not.. haha it's pretty crazy how much joy it brings us seeing the good choices our investigators make! Stephen also wants to come out and teach with us this week.. how cool is that?!

We also met some Samoan guys who are pretty interested in learning more, especially the oldest named Ricky. We briefly talked with him last week and noticed he had a huge scar on his neck/face and he told us he had been stabbed and shot when he was living in L.A. We told him that Heavenly Father has kept him here for a reason and that he really does have a purpose here! He said that he really felt that that was true and even started getting a little emotional. It was really cool. We read some of the Book of Mormon with him last night and he was really excited and said he could feel something in his heart and all over him saying that what we were teaching him was good and true. The spirit does such good work! Ahh I love it :) 

Last couple of things...We met a guy named Andre just walking around and after we talked with him for a minute, he quickly pulls out his phone and explains to us that he had just driven by the Las Vegas temple and thought it was so beautiful so he stopped and took like 50 pictures. Like an hour before we ran in to him. How cool!?!? Another miracle :) Heavenly Father really is watching out for all of us and orchestrates little things like that to help us learn from as well as teach our brothers and sisters. There are no coincidences! 

Anddddd lastly, our new convert Rudy got asked to give the closing prayer in sacrament meeting yesterday. As the meeting came to a close, we knudged him and said, "Rudy it's time to go up and pray." He responded, "Uhh me? Right now? Go up there? Ok..." He walks up to the front slowly, looked out at the congregation, then says, "umm, hi my names Rudy. i've never spoken on a... microphone before.."then proceed to bear the sweetest testimony ever. Sister Crane and I in the mean time were doing our best to tell him to pray from the audience.. hand motions and all.. didn't work. He finished, then the bishop sweetly asked him to pray afterwards. He was possibly a little embarrassed, but he took it like a champ. I did my best to not laugh, at least until Sister Crane and I got to the car. It was awesome. :)

Oh I'm also 21 now so that's pretty cool.. and in Las Vegas.. serving the Lord :) Pretty ironic, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We got to watch the Testaments on my birthday with a bunch of our investigators and members, so that was the best bday present I could've asked for :) Also thanks to everyone who has been writing me, I really appreciate it! 

Have an amazing week and stay cool! Well.. that may only be needed over here.. it's already like 95! Cray Cray. 

ps. We also met a guy who has a son named Nephi and a son named Vegas. So. awesome. 
Have I ever told you how much I love Nephi?  So humble!
1 Nephi 19:6-9

pss. Sorry no pics for a while.. my camera is MIA :/

S'easter' Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment