What makes me happy!

Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas miracles!‏

Hello!!


Hope you all had an amazing Christmas. Not going to lie, there's no way it was as good as mine, but I guess you could have gotten pretty close ;) 

This last week was the best! Ahh Christmas on the mission is so fun. We had 2 Christmas Eve dinners (one at our investigator Liz's house) and another with a family in the ward. They had tons of little kids running around which was super fun, and they even put on a full blown talent show! Later that night we heard a knock at out door while we were planning and ran outside to discover 2 stockings (literally socks) stuffed with candy. Our Zone leaders are the best! Christmas morning at 5:30 am we were able to gather all of our goodies and fill up an additional 22 socks to deliver to the missionaries in our zone. There is nothing better then the thrill of ding dong ditching at 6 am on Christmas morning.

Christmas day was practically perfect. We had breakfast with a part member family, lunch with some members, late lunch with some members, dinner with some members, then a late dinner with some members. It was nuts! Apparently everyone wants to feed the missionaries on Christmas. I've never been so full in my entire life. Good thing I mastered the Samoan shuffle in my first area (the art of twisting side to side so that you can pack more food in your stomach).  Apart from eating all day long, we also got to skype our families!! Ahh man, I love them all so much!! It appears that I may be the shortest in my family when I go home though.. not too happy about that one. Sister Mayfield and I were also invited to a Christmas party that night to play some Christmas music at a member's neighbor's home. There were probably 25 people there! After we played, a little girl named Mary came up and wrapped her arms around me and wouldn't let go. She literally clung to me all night. My heart was liquid by the time we left. She is so cute and it was cool to see how the spirit touched her heart and what her reaction was. Music is powerful! We also talked with her older sister and mom and they invited us to come over sometime and teach them! It was definitely a Christmas miracle :)

Yesterday morning we had another miracle! We went to visit a less active man whom we had never met before. He agreed to let us in to share a quick message with him and his girlfriend. Turns out that they had been talking last night about what hope Jesus Christ has brought into their lives. His girlfriend had also recently had a dream about the old tabernacle in Salt Lake City and they're planning taking a trip up to visit in a couple days. She had such a sweet spirit about her and was so amazed that we had stopped by after they had just been talking about these things. We testified to them how much Heavenly Father loves and cares for each one of His children and how aware He is of each of us. We invited them to come to church with us and they actually showed up! Another miracle for sure :)

And for the greatest miracle of all......Carlos got baptized last night and I got to go!! Our members are amazing here and Brother and Sister Swapp agreed to drive me to Kingman. I have never been so grateful in my entire life. Carlos was practically glowing with joy and with the spirit. We had met him in our parking lot a few months ago while serving in Kingman and we knew right a way that he had been prepared by Heavenly Father to accept the message of the restored gospel. He is incredible and I can't wait to see how much this gospel will bless him and his family. 

I know this Church is true with all of my heart. The message of the restored gospel and the love our Savior has for each of us is contagious and is spreading throughout the world! It brings joy. It brings peace. It brings hope. Share it with everyone you can and you will be happier then you've ever been :)

Have a happy new year!

Sister Kraus

No comments:

Post a Comment