What makes me happy!

Monday, October 6, 2014

Get in the boat, and stay there!‏


Well hello again!

wow. just wow. What a week!

Hmm highlights. ok, here we go.

Carlos is amazing. It seriously is a huge privilege getting to teach him. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a general authority some day. He is so close to the spirit and after watching the Saturday morning general conference session he said, "wow...I can't wait to start living again."

That sentence really hit me. We are all here on earth living with the same amount of time in each day, and most of us have pretty similar ups and downs. Work is tough, school is hard, ice cream tastes good, etc etc..BUT, as members of Christ's true church on the earth, we know how incredible life can be, and we know what things we need to do to make the journey joyful! By keeping the commandments. By getting in the boat and staying there. By wearing our life jackets and moving forward. We don't need to be in the middle of the ocean getting tossed to and fro, not knowing what the point of this crazy journey is. We can sail safely and peacefully home, IF and only IF, we abide by His commandments and follow His example. He doesn't ask us to get in the boat because it's not as fun, or because it's going to restrict us or make us miserable.. He asks us to get in the boat because He loves us! He wants us to have an enjoyable and peaceful journey. Yes the boat will get rocked sometimes, and we might get splashed, or sometimes soaked by waves of the world, but we will be safe and can live the best life, IN THE BOAT. Ok sorry, I just really loved that conference talk. :)

Our investigator Brock also loved conference, especially Elder Bednar's talk addressed specifically to non-members. I'm sure all the missionaries around the world were silently cheering when he first said that. I know I was! Although, sometimes we may be awkward when we run out to put the band aids on our friend, or we may apply too much anti-biotic ointment (overly persistent), we are only doing it out of love for our fellow brothers and sisters, and love for our Savior. Even if the situation is awkward, or we're not sure how our friend/family member is going to take it, we have to at least open our mouths and invite them to learn more! We're the only ones with the medical kit. 

Funny experience of the week:
We found a new investigator named Omer. However, I like to call him Mick Jagger. You'll see why in the picture. He was out on his front porch with a guitar, so I was immediately super excited to go talk to him. After he told us his life story, and played us a few songs, we asked if he would like to hear our message.. trust me we tried right up front, but he's a talker. He's pretty set in his ways, but he said he'd be open to us coming back, especially if I brought my fiddle. ha. We'll see how it goes, and see if he's open to learning about the gospel.. but if anything, I'll have a jam buddy when I come back to Kingman to visit! He's super sweet, and is all about "love and peace". I'll let ya know next week how it goes! 

And I really loved reading 3 Nephi 20:40 this week.. especially after the talk by Jeffrey R. Holland about President Monson and his slippers in the airport. What an example of love and kindness. I love our prophet! He truly is God's mouthpiece on the earth today. 

Love you all and have a blessed week!

Sister Kraus

pic 1: Omer!
pic 2: Meet Sister Kenney: she's read the Book of Mormon 56 times!

No comments:

Post a Comment