What makes me happy!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

MTC -1 week


Hey!!

So i've already been at the MTC for a week....mind blown. They really aren't kidding when they say the days are super long but weeks are fast. I feel like I just got here, and I sorta just did.. but I can't believe it's been a week! I'm loving everything so far. My companion is great! Sister Hirsch is her name and she's a sweetheart! We get along great (though I stole a banana from the cafeteria one time and she made sure to put me in my place..). I feel like all we do is study, eat, teach, sleep, repeat, but life is so good! We get 50 minutes of gym most days and, it's prob the best hour of my day..I try to get a little workout in, then go whoop everyone in basketball... but only in a nice respectful Sister Missionary kind of way...haha. So everyone around here is always way too happy. If feel like there might be something they put in the water, because kids this age shouldn't be so happy about being trapped in a few buildings studying and focusing on serving and teaching others ALL DAY LONG. But I'm realizing that it makes me happier then I've ever been. Yeah I miss the college life and just hanging out with my family and friends, but there is something that makes you truly satisfied and happy in life, and that's caring about other people. We focus a lot on how to be a good teacher here at the MTC. We go over the doctrine and the main teaching methods.. how to commit an investigator to come to church, or how to pray about and read the Book of Mormon, and all these are great.. but it all comes down to how much you can learn to love the people you are serving. They can tell if you're just trying to sell them something or if you sincerely care about their salvation and really want to help them improve their lives. Not going to lie, it's been a little scary preparing lessons and going in to teach random people, but after the first lesson, we are so pumped to learn more about them and find out how we can help them because everyone needs the gospel, whether they know it yet or not. Truth is, what we say doesn't really matter a whole lot... yeah we want to make sure that we are teaching correct principles simply and powerfully, but they only way they are going to actually feel that what we are saying is true is through the spirit. That's why it is so important to be 100 percent obedient and allow the spirit to be with us while we teach.
Anyways, life is so good. We got to go to the temple this morning and it was amazing as usual. The church is so true and I love everything about it. I know I made the right decision to serve a mission! I'll be out in Las Vegas in 1 week so hopefully we learn everything we need to before then.. can't believe how fast they make you grow up here... Heavenly Father really does work miracles here let me tell ya. Love you all!

Sis Kraus


 


No comments:

Post a Comment